PRACTICE
living, thinking and writing


Saturday, October 22, 2005  

Flashback & Snapshot

I could not blog too often recently. Work is always lagging behind (housework and schoolwork..dissertation is a kind of homework too I assume). On top of that, I started an internship with a PR company in Bellevue. Since I am working with the research group, it doesn't feel too different from graduate school. I think that's pretty good combination of my research skills and my interest in business world. Driving is a constant headache; traffic is always slower than 20 miles on 520, from 4 :30 to 7:30 pm, kind of frustrating. In my opinion, there is nothing more than being stuck in endless traffic that makes you feel the hardship of life. Glad the company has this flexible work plan available.

Went to Chicago for AOIR 6.0 earlier this month and presented my paper on blog links within American cities. Staying in the 42nd floor at Marriott Downtown Chicago, I felt I was in a different planet from my cabin deep in the woods at Seattle when I looked down upon the giant and bright city (on iron shoulder?)every night.

I lost my Cannon powershot s400 on the plane back to Los Angeles for Pavoratti's concert. I bought a SD410 later, and found none of my old accessories, from battery to charger, from memory card to leather case, compatible to this new little thing. That makes me not very happy about Canon. I would bought the exact same S400 should they continue the model, which, I believe, is like only 2 years old. I don't see the huge difference of these two models, but nothing work together. That's ridiculous. Quoting Bin's favorite words-Capitalism is sucking my money.

posted by lmeimei @10:35 PM| permanent link| |
email me
about me
image
www.flickr.com
blog links
Reading now
cover
Guns Germs Steel
cover
Python Web Programming
cover
Paul Guaguin: the writings of Savage
just read
cover
Freakonomics
cover
Love in the time of Cholera
cover
Edward Hopper
archives
blogger's tools
Inlink and Outlink
indexed by organica.us
Blogroll Me!
technorati cosmos
Whereis
Ineedhits
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com